Monday, January 25, 2010

A little newness, my first blog button!

Well, today I decided to work on my very first blog button!

Creating the image for the button, was way easier than I would have though, I chose my photo, and did ALL the editing in Picnik (if you aren't too skilled or photoshop scares you, picnik is the perfect option for editing photos for all purposes, Sharon from MorganStreet recommended it to me, and I love it!).

Then I uploaded it in my Flickr page (Photobucket works too, of course) cause you'd need the direct link for later.

I was following another tutorial, cause I'm not the most internet/coding/IT savvy person, but I couldn't get it to work, I was getting the code, but the image didn't show (GRRR!), so I went and did a lil google search and found this super easy tutorial by Shabby Blogs with the code for it and it worked like a charm!

So here it is!:






Like it? Feel free to grab it!!

I'm now planning another shoot for photos to use on a blog button for the Two Girls & A Bar of Soap blog!

14 comments:

  1. I love it! It's very you!!

    I wanna eat that cupcake... but I fear it might be one of those soapy things you mentioned. :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're sooo right! ;) Go ahead, call me evil, G does it all the time. That cupcake smells like a dream, but it's a bath fizzy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. ohh congrats- it looks great.. and delicious cupcake
    xx
    and gorgeousss blogg- will definitely be back again visiting SOON!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great button! I added it to my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks girls!
    And thanks a lot for putting it up in your blog, Dusty!

    ReplyDelete
  6. perfect picture as a button! Yeah... all the coding makes my head spin >_> thanks for the super easy tutorial! =D

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is so cool! Thanks for sharing with us how you did this. I'm going to do one (or two, or more) for my blog soon. :D

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Pili!
    Yay!
    Love the button. I must grab it (currently tidying up the side column - there are far too much at the mo).
    You should have a re-tweet button from tweet meme ;)
    x
    Kyoko

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your new button looks awesome! I've thought about making a blog button and trading with other people, and now you're really making me want to get on the ball with that idea- especially since yours turned out so well. I love your choice of items, they represent you very well.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great button! Thank you for sharing the "how to" info also, I'm going to have to give it a try!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love it! i grabbed it for the new blog!

    ReplyDelete

¡Muchas gracias por vuestros comentarios, leerlos me alegra el día!/ Thanks a lot for all your comments, reading them brightens my day!!