Thursday, August 5, 2010

The Nebulous Kingdom!

This week is getting a bit work busy, but it'll mean getting a few days off when G comes here (if the Spanish Embassy sees it fit).


On Monday I got a nice package from Anne-Julie, the artist behind The Nebulous Kingdom! I had already bought a few prints, greeting cards and her 2010 calendar, but looking at my entries, I've realized that I didn't write a blog entry about these lovely pieces! So, after taking photos of the prints and calendar, and of the new postcards I got on Monday, I decided to show them off to you all!






When I got these prints, she had an offer to get two prints and get another one for free, so I even if I had hard time choosing only three, I managed! I'm absolutely in love with the three prints I got, and I love how vibrant the colours are!














Her calendar features a lot of her newer illustrations back then at the beginning of the year, and it makes for a such a lovely calendar! It hangs from a ball chain, so it's quite easy to turn the month pages!












And I also got myself a lovely set of greeting cards, with a lovely winter illustration, as with all of Anne-Julie's art, very much out of a fairy tale!






This time I got myself a bunch of postcards of some her more recent illustrations, including her two Burton inspired ones, Sally of The Nightmare Before Christmas and Edward Scissorhands! Postcards are a great way to get in a very affordable price some of her gorgeous illustrations, and even to collect them!
















I will be getting some more postcards for sure!

4 comments:

  1. her artwork is simply gorgeous. and you know i love the burton postcards!!! =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those prints are amazing!! I love the Edward Scissorhands!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love it all!! Especially the second print and the Edward Scissorhands one! Thank you for sharing, I'm going to heart her etsy shop for a future purchase right now!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love all of those! Have you heard of Mark Ryden? Her work reminds me a little bit of him (and I heart him!).

    ReplyDelete

¡Muchas gracias por vuestros comentarios, leerlos me alegra el día!/ Thanks a lot for all your comments, reading them brightens my day!!