Monday, April 25, 2011

The Road Goes Ever On And On...

The Road goes ever on and on
Down from the door where it began.

Now far ahead the Road has gone,

And I must follow, if I can,

Pursuing it with eager feet,

Until it joins some larger way

Where many paths and errands meet.

And whither then? I cannot say.


Life does take us down very winding paths, even if some of them are only in our mind, and even if sometimes we just amble along and others drag ourselves on, there's always a time to pick ourselves up and continue on our path, hopefully not forgetting that the important thing is the journey and not the destination.


Finally, after an hiatus due to lack of motivation, probably a mix of being burnt out with work, the loss of my precious puppy Canela and the agony of being apart from the love of my life, I'm back to blogging. To avoid being overwhelmed, you push back strong emotions to go on with your life, with going to work, with spending time with your friends, cause I you let them take you, you just can't function right... but that takes a toll on you, and that toll is usually that spring in your step and that will to write, to share and to capture the beauty of life. I needed some time off, and my vacation to spend time with the bf was exactly what I needed. Plenty of time to think, to relax, to read, to cry, to look in the eyes of love... in short, time to pick myself up, and get myself on the road, back to writing, back to shooting and back to facing the world and my own chosen journey.




Laugh, Love and above all, Live.

7 comments:

  1. That was so lovely Pili... I could feel everything that you were and are going through. I'm on a different path myself which is unknown and a little scary, but I keep pursuing what I want and take another step. Each step makes me stronger.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We all need a break now and again :)

    Welcome back! And happy easter.

    Rose

    ReplyDelete
  3. Querida Pili, para continuar es imprescindible parar de vez en cuando. Me alegra que estés por aquí. Abrazos.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So glad to have you back! I've missed your posts :(

    That being said, let me just say that I don't know how you do what you do. Working in the medical field can be highly stressful, and when you add in the loss of a beloved pooch, and the pain of a heart aching for your far off love, well- I think you must be one of the strongest women I know! But every now and then, even the strongest pillars crack and show signs of distress....and that's ok! You take a moment, regroup, and push on. NEVER forget to push on, Pili- so many people forget that vital step- and without it, they never will know all of the beauty that life has in store for them just a bit further down the road. Your strength will take you there, if only you let it :) Much love!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That was such a beautiful post and I am glad to see you back. I hope you had a happy Easter!

    On a totally unrelated note, you are right about the digital papers. They can be used for backgrounds mainly, like for web pages and invitations, stuff like that. They can also be used for digital scrapbooking or in printed designs. I should write a blog post about them actually. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. i cannot send you enough hugs for all that has happened... i hope things continue on the upward swing for you. and i keep sending positive vibes that canela will one day make another appearance. xoxo

    btw, what an amazing photo!!! =)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Aw, Pili. I've been through a pretty tough time myself recently and can really empathise. What doesn't kill you makes you stronger, yep? *hugs*

    ReplyDelete

¡Muchas gracias por vuestros comentarios, leerlos me alegra el día!/ Thanks a lot for all your comments, reading them brightens my day!!