Monday, August 8, 2011

Monday Munchies: Hummus, yummy hummus!

A new week is here, and while I recover from last night's shift at work, I wanna share with you a very easy & yummy recipe to feed the tummy on this Monday Munchies edition!




Hummus
Serves 4

Ingredients:

- 400 gr boiled chickpeas (a can of ready made chickpeas will work)
- 1 garlic clove
- 1 lemon
- 3 tablespoons sesame seeds
- Ground cumin
- Paprika
- Salt
- Black pepper
- Olive oil

Method:

- Drain the chickpeas & wash them to get rid of the preserving liquid in the can, drain them well again; put them in the blender. Crush the sesame seeds in a mortar till you get a paste, dilute it with a bit of water and add it to the blender too.

- Peel the garlic clove and squeeze the lemon, filter the juice. Add both to the blender with a drizzle of olive oil, a pinch of ground cumin, salt & pepper to taste. Blend everything till you get a thick paste but no lumps, you can add a bit of water if it's too thick.

- Sprinkle a bit of paprika & olive oil on top, and serve with stick of raw carrot & cucumber and some pita bread for a delicious lunch or dinner!

8 comments:

  1. Hello Pili!
    Paprika and Cumin in hummus sounds amazing. Last time I made it, I didn't put any of them and something was missing. Now I know :)
    Thank you for the wonderful recipe. Hope you have a great week ahead ;)
    x
    Kyoko

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree, I make hummus, but paprika and cumin are missing. I have to try.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE hummus! I am so glad you posted this...I've always wondered how to make it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was really happy when I found this recipe cause it's super easy & super fast and thanks to the cumin & paprika, super tasty!

    Let me know how you ladies like it if you try it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love trying new hummus recipes! I will have to try this soon.

    ReplyDelete
  6. oh sounds tasty and a healthy snack -- can't wait to try it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. i am making pizza hummus for a shower tomorrow! hummus, yummy hummus!

    ReplyDelete

¡Muchas gracias por vuestros comentarios, leerlos me alegra el día!/ Thanks a lot for all your comments, reading them brightens my day!!