Friday, September 6, 2013

Friday Reads: Phoenix Overture by Jodi Meadows!!

Welcome back to Friday Reads! The first entry for this week will be an e-novella, that is 150 pages long, so it's not a short tiny story at all!


Phoenix Overture (Newsoul, #2.5)Phoenix Overture by Jodi Meadows

My rating: 4 of 5 stars


Phoenix Overture is a look at the past, the very early past of the world we met in Incarnate, and we get to meet our dear Dossam in his first live, when he first discovers his love for music, when he first gets his nickname Sam... all before he started reincarnating for the next five thousand years, give or take!

As Jodi Meadows herself said, despite being a prequel it's better if you read Phoenix Overture right after you're done with Asunder, cause it gives answers to a lot of questions that are answered in Asunder, and expands in them a little bit, so you won't spoil the surprises.

It does give us some answers, about Janan, about who lives in Heart and how did they came to do so, and it also gives you a lot of perspective on the character and motivations of some characters we already know from Incarnate and Asunder. Some you start loving already and some you find even better reason to dislike them even more.

Sam's story is tough and heartbreaking, with some silver linings but with very hard choices to be made along the way.

And about the story of Heart and Range... we do get some answers but I think I have even more questions on the past and the how and the who/what that I had before! Hopefully I'll get more answers and less questions in Infinite!

A short, intense and quick read, very well deserved 4 stars!



View all my reviews

2 comments:

  1. I still haven't read this series, but I've heard so many good things about this!
    I think I'm going to add it to my list now!
    Thanks for sharing!
    Lis @ The reader lines.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yes Lis, it's a great series! Final book comes in Jan!

      Delete

¡Muchas gracias por vuestros comentarios, leerlos me alegra el día!/ Thanks a lot for all your comments, reading them brightens my day!!