Saturday, November 16, 2013

November is for Novellas challenge!!

I know, I know... some of you might be wondering, but haven't you already signed up for another challenge for November already and you are not doing too well with it? Well yes, my NetGalley November challenge is not moving on as fast as I might have wanted since I've only read and reviewed 3 books so far, and I was hoping to read between 11-15... but at least my rate has already improved!




But this other challenge is going to help me with my motivation for that one too. Because November is for Novellas is a challenge to go ahead and read all of those novellas that are part of series we love, that are short, that give us some fun and interesting bits that add to the series! This challenge was created by Lisa from Lisa Loves Literature so she could read something while focusing more on writing for NaNoWriMo.

My goal is to read at least 5 novellas:

1. The Moth in the Mirror by A.G. Howard.
2. There's No Place Like Oz by  Danielle Page
3. Brooke by Veronica Rossi
4. Saving Raphael Santiago by Cassandra Clare & Sarah Rees Brenan
5. The Fall of  the Hotel Dumort by Cassandra Clare & Maureen Johnson

Let's see how well I do! I'll probably do mini reviews for these, so it'll be quick reads and quick reviews!

Wish me luck!

6 comments:

  1. Good luck! I did a challenge like this some months ago, I read 6 novellas, even though I don't use to read novellas. It was fun. Hope you enjoy it!
    Lis@ The reader lines

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lis!
      Novellas are quicker so you can be done with them even when you don't have much time!

      Delete
  2. The first three I definitely plan to read myself too! Especially There's No Place Like Oz. I'm curious about Dorothy Must Die, but want to give Danielle Page's writing a try first, even if just to adjust my expectations to something more appropriate. I hope you enjoy all of these, Pili. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Same here, Sam. I'm quite intrigued by Dorothy Must Die, so I thought a novella by the same author and in the same world would be a good way of dipping a toe to see how it is!

      Delete
  3. Good on you for reading novellas Pili and good luck! Hope you'll be able to meet your challenge or get close to the goal.

    Jeann @ Happy Indulgence

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jeann! So far I've already read two, so I'm halfway there!

      Delete

¡Muchas gracias por vuestros comentarios, leerlos me alegra el día!/ Thanks a lot for all your comments, reading them brightens my day!!