Friday, January 10, 2014

Friday Reads: Mini Review: Howling For You by Chloe Neill!

Hello everyone!

This week I've been in a bit of a reading slump and I've been recovering by watching loads of Arrow! I read an anthology of fantastic short stories and this novella that is gonna be a Mini Review for Friday Reads!


Howling For You (Chicagoland Vampires, #8.5)Howling For You by Chloe Neill

My rating: 4 of 5 stars


I love the Chicagoland Vampire series, and it's one of my three adult series & Urban Fantasy at that, that I'm still following devoutly and cannot wait for the next installment!

Howling For You is a novella that takes place between the events of Biting Bad and the upcoming Wild Things, and instead of following Merit, Ethan and their vampires, it's all about Fallon, Jeff and the Pack!

I was very happy to read more about the Keenes and about Jeff & Fallon story that had been alluded at in previous books. Jeff is one of my fave characters, and I've always wanted to know a bit more about Gabriel, his family and the NAC Pack.

I guess because of the cover I was expecting this novella to be from Jeff's POV but instead it is from Fallon's. Fallon is quite a great character, and I really like that in the Pack she had been groomed as next in line for leadership following the birth order, gender not being an issue.

This novella is all about Fallon and Jeff and how they cannot be together due to Pack tradition and responsability and Fallon feeling like she must put Pack before herself. Jeff is ready to ignore everything and give them a chance.

There's romantic tension, betrayal, Pack politics and plenty of adorable interactions between Fallon and Jeff! 4 stars for this one!

And to make it even better we also got the first two chapters of the next book, Wild Things! Cannot wait till Feb 4th!



View all my reviews

2 comments:

  1. I haven't gotten into Chicagoland vampires yet (because there's so many vampire reads out there) but I'm glad you enjoyd this novella! I just love how UF is so extensive and really goes into the world. Great review Pili!

    Jeann @ Happy Indulgence

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Jeann!
      Welcome back from your trip! I hope you had a great time!!

      Delete

¡Muchas gracias por vuestros comentarios, leerlos me alegra el día!/ Thanks a lot for all your comments, reading them brightens my day!!