Saturday, June 13, 2015

BEA 2015 Recap - Day 3 Friday!!

Well, it feels nice blogging a bit more continously now, but I'm sadly too busy with the apartment preparations to even dare to hope to have time to have a minimum of two posts up per week, let alone a more regular posting schedule!

Still, here I am with the recap for BEA Day 3, Friday or the DAY-WHEN-ALL-THINGS-HAPPEN-AT-THE-SAME-TIME!!

Once again, I owe all my awesome bloggy & bookish friends for being kind enough to send me all the pics because my phone is a piece of sh*te! THANK YOU!


FRIDAY

Once again, we decided to get up early to be at the Javits when the lines are just beginning to form, which means that in the morning I wake up, get up and get ready, and wait for the rest of my roomies to get up while having my tea (which is a rather so-so kinda tea because there's no kettle and I made it every morning with the scalding water from the shower, so... well, yeah). Once again, breakfast from the deli (cream cheese icing bagels for the win, I miss having them for breakfast!).

This time our big group of ducklings was divided between Black Widow and Six of Crows, so our crew was split gone to line up at two different entries to the BEA floor. The Six of Crows line (closer to the authographing area) was Britt, Sarah, Cassie, Melissa, Cristina and myself. This line was a lil better organized, even if we were told to squish together several times, there were no other weird shenanigans!



Once we got in, the pre-line for Leigh Bardugo got started by the great staff at the authographing area, those ladies in the neon green tees knew what to do!

While waiting in line I was hoping to spot Kim and Layla from The Midnight Garden and author Jen Ellision, but no such luck, too many people all over the place, so that's the one big bummer from BEA, not being able to meet these wonderful ladies!

But I got to meet the very lovely and purple-haired and super awesome Melissa Grey that was nice enough to take pics with us and sign bookmarks!! *squeal*



The line for Six of Crows was rather insane, because loads of people used their "first in line" passes for it, so they realized they had miscounted the about of ARCs they had, and had to cut the line early. We were lucky enough to get ours signed and Leigh Bardugo was brilliant! She was super nice and lovely and took time to talk and sign even when she was being hurried! Also, some sort of magical powers because look at her hair being flawless even with the NYC humidity!!




And after Leigh Bardugo I was good till the Soundless signing, so I just roamed around a bit, hang out with my roomies, met with Jenny from Supernatural Snark again, had lunch with Britt, Sarah and the adorable Xander from Forever Bookish (he was doing BEA with his mum and both were beyond adorable!).

Right now, as I'm writing this recap, I'm wondering if I got just two book on Friday or if I got three as my brain seems to be telling me, but I cannot for the life of me remember what other could have been that third book? So yeah, let's just assume I just got Six of Crows and Soundless!

I used my "first in line" pass for Soundless but was a lil disappointed when we were told "no photos and no personalization" and that bummed out feeling along with the fact that we were saying bye to a lot of our bookish friends meant that I didn't have the energy to try and stay for the Rae Carson line (I already had the ARC but wanted to meet Rae) so we left soon after...



BEA was an amazing experince but it also left me so very tired!!
Some lessons learnt on how to make BEA better for myself: Plan differenly next year and make sure you arrive a few days before BEA so the bloody jet lag doesn't kill you as much! Add extra maybes to your schedule so if you get out of a line early you know what you might want to try for and not just wander aimlessly and end up missing things!

I'm really REALLY looking forward to attending BEA16 because I'm already planning and plotting with my bloggy/bookish friends and it's gonna be EPIC!!

30 comments:

  1. You got that Patrick Ness book for me!!! *squishes*

    ReplyDelete
  2. Melissa and Leigh! Awesome pictures, so nice of your buddies to send them :) Boo about the jetlag but YAY for day three haul! Of all of BEA's books, the four I wanted were Six of Crows, Passenger, Wolf by Wolf, and Truthwitch! Hopefully I can get them from the pubs - and if not, library it will be!

    Alyssa @ The Eater of Books!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I grabbed Wolf by Wolf without really meaning to! I was passing by, saw it being dropped in the booth and thought, why not? I'm sure you'll get them from the publishers!

      Delete
  3. Aw, yay for another amazing day at BEA :) Love reading your recaps. <3 And adorable pictures too :) You are awesome. I'm so thrilled you had an amazing time sweetie. <3 If I'm able to save up the money, I really wish to go next year :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've already started saving for BEA16 already! ;)
      Thank you sweetie!

      Delete
  4. BEA seemed like so much fun but so stressful. If I'd been in line and had been cut I would have cried! I'm so happy you gals got SoC. I can't wait until I can get my hands on a copy :-) I know it'll be brilliant.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a lot of fun! Stressful... well, somewhat, but not afwully so!!
      I'm still trying to postpone reading SoC or I'll only read the late ARCs and forget about everything else in my pile! ;)

      Delete
  5. You are so right, Leigh definitely has some sort of magical hair powers to look that fantastic in the NYC humidity. By the time I got to BEA each morning I always looked like a drowned cat, which is why my hair was always pulled back ;-) It was so amazing getting to spend time with you and I can't wait to do it all over again next year (YOU BETTER BE THERE PILI! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I WILL BE THERE!!! And we will take a photo together, dammit!!

      Delete
  6. I'm glad you got to meet Leigh - that would have been so disappointing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aye, it would have been! But thankfully I got lucky!! =D

      Delete
  7. I am SO SO glad that you got to do this, and especially that it turned out so well. I'd love to say I'm not jealous, but well, I kind of am. But really, above all, I am thrilled that you went and met all those people. Perhaps we'll do the same some day.
    But how on Earth did you drag all those books home?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Maja! BEA is really quite the experience, and I cannot wait to repeat again next year!
      How did I bring my books home? Well, I packed a half empty suitcase on my way to NYC, so I had a half suitcase to fill with books and NOT go over the alloted airline weight, luckily!!

      Delete
  8. Damn, Pili! You guys really worked hard for all those ARCs! I hate waiting in line for so long, but I will do it if it means meeting authors and hanging out with bloggy friends. Hopefully we'll meet next year and stay in line together as we chat about our awesome book boyfriends :D :D :D If I ever do go, I plan to bring a backpack for my clothes, and an EMPTY suitcase for my books. Haha!

    Faye at The Social Potato

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YES!!! Waiting can be annoying but it's great to catch up with people and meet bloggers and plot the conquering of the day! ;)
      And yes, I did bring a half empty suitcase!!

      Delete
  9. Six of Crows sounds amazing!! I'm glad you had an amazing time at BEA. Again, I love the photos. It makes me happy to see blogger/author group photos. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love the photos because it reminds me of all the awesome bloggers and authors I've met, and it's mind blowing!

      Delete
  10. Love your recap, Pili! I wish I could have attended this year, if only to meet so many awesome people and pick up PASSENGER, TRUTHWITCH, and SIX OF CROWS!

    Hafsah @ IceyBooks

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YES! Those were my MUST HAVES! I wish I could have met you Hafsah!!

      Delete
  11. I am so sorry I didn't get to see you at BEA, but was only there 1 ½ days. Most of my time was spent in that SoC line (which was a big mess, I agree.) If there is only a very limited number of books, I think it works better when they hand out tickets to everyone in line rather than just having a big free-for-all.
    Jen @ YA Romantics

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know! I would have loved to meet you! And I agree, for such highly anticipated books they should do ticketed signings to make sure no one in the line had to be turned away.

      Delete
  12. Ahh it sounds like you had so much fun at bea!! I'm so thrilled you went :) Leigh's hair DOES always look nice. I can't wait to read your thoughts on all those books :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I cannot wait to start posting some reviews, once I start reading books with release dates that are closer!!
      Thank you Rachel!

      Delete
  13. I am so glad you had a wonderful time!!! The next time you're in the States, I hope our paths cross!

    Kate @ Ex Libris

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope so too, Kate!! Next year, I'll be in Chicago for BEA!!

      Delete
  14. YES! Can't wait for BEA 2016!! Also yea, that Leigh Bardugo line was CRAZINESS! So glad I was able to wait with you girls that morning though! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We had the best crew to wait in line!! ;)

      Delete

¡Muchas gracias por vuestros comentarios, leerlos me alegra el día!/ Thanks a lot for all your comments, reading them brightens my day!!