Saturday, July 11, 2015

Saturday Song - The Talisman by Iron Maiden & The Invasion of the Tearling!

Hello there guys!

This week I've been rather out of motivation and time to blog, and the stupid heat wave has not been helping matters.

But today as I was driving back from my bro's house from hanging out with my sis-in-law, I was listening to Iron Maiden and one of the songs just clicked, made me think of a book and I decided I needed to do another of the rare Saturday Song posts that I do!




As I was thinking about the lyrics of the song and how they related to parts of the book, not completely but some parts are really relevant, I was also thinking that I really cannot explain all that much, because I'm afraid that there could be some serious spoilers involved!

The Talisman is a song that could refer to the crossing of the Pilgrims from the UK to the new land of the Americas, the Mayflower and the lot, though we don't know if they used any sort of talisman to guide their travels. But the lyrics really reminded me of another travel across the seas looking for a better place, like the Crossing that took place and it's explained on The Invasion of the Tearling, and in said Crossing, there IS a sort of talisman! And can't say anymore because... Spoilers sweetie!!

And for anyone that might have read the book and even those who haven't, here are some of the lyrics that made me think of the Crossing!

"We flee the earth and face our
Harsh reality."


"We run from the evil tongues,
Rash judgements, selfish men
Never to be seen on these shores again."


 "We're off now to seek all our fortunes
To the land of our dreams"


 "Holding on for our dear lives
And we're praying once again
rotten luck or just jonahed?
The talisman is in my hand"


And that's all folks! Have you read The Invasion of the Tearling? Do you think my brain did the right connection with the song or went completely off course?

Happy Saturday everyone!




8 comments:

  1. Oh yes, I could see how this song would fit The Invasion of the Tearling. I can't remember if you've posted a review? I look forward to seeing what you think of the book :)

    Alyssa @ The Eater of Books!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't posted a review, I will be making a joint one with Faye from The Social Potato, soon!

      Delete
  2. I haven't read the book before but that's such a great idea to connect a song to a book Pili! Great work :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay for Iron Maiden! I will be on the lookout for your join review with Faye. As you know I had problems with the newly introduced dystopian elements in the story, but I am hopeful they end in the beginning of the next book because I loved the pure fantasy of the first book. Ha ha!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was a bit confused about those new elements, but in a way made the story more unique!!

      Delete
  4. Stunning post Pili :D I haven't read the book, but this song is pretty awesome ;p Thank you for sharing about it. <3 You are awesome :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for being such an awesome commenter all the time sweetie! You rock!

      Delete

¡Muchas gracias por vuestros comentarios, leerlos me alegra el día!/ Thanks a lot for all your comments, reading them brightens my day!!