Monday, June 6, 2016

Mark This Book Monday: Two Hundred and Twenty-One Baker Streets Anthology!!

Hiya guys!

I'm finally getting back to more regular blogging, or so I hope! At least I'm trying to do exactly just that! I'm gonna be doing some scheduling of posts whenever I'm motivated to do so, and then don't feel like I'm failing when I cannot manage it!

Today for Mark This Book Monday I have a review for one of my VERY backlogged ARCs that I got from Netgalley that I finally managed to finish, and that will count towards my NetGalley & Edelweiss Reading Challenge, that I've had quite forgotten as of late!



Two Hundred and Twenty-One Baker StreetsTwo Hundred and Twenty-One Baker Streets by David Thomas Moore

My rating: 4 of 5 stars


It really took me a while to read this anthology and I'm glad that I took a lil time reading it since it's helped with the wait for the next season of Sherlock.

There are 14 short stories, quite very different each one of them, with a very different feel to all of them, and some of them definitely made me watch to check out more of the author's work

All of the short stories in here are well worth the read, each one of the imagining Sherlock in many different ways, but I must confess my favourites were the ones where Sherlock & Holmes were gender swaped or taken into a different era or setting!

We've got Sherlock as part of a carnival where a serial killer was starting his work (one of the creepiest stories), Sherlock as a female investigator and Watson as a doctor that meet through a reality show being filmed, Sherlock & Watson being teenage girls that also write fanfic about Sherlock Holmes. More traditional ones with extra magic added to the setting, Sherlock being conjured as a demon from another plane to help solve the murder case of a magician.

Sherlock with romance, gender swapped or not, LGTBA ones, set in fantasy worlds, in different periods, adding different version of other characters (like Irene Adler), imagining them as actors that played the characters they created... in this anthology there really is something for every single fan of Sherlock Holmes & John Watson!

Very much deserved 4 stars for this anthology!



View all my reviews

5 comments:

  1. I somehow missed this one, which is weird because I'm practically addicted to all things Sherlock related, as long as they're on paper and not on screen. I'n not overly fond of anthologies, but I'll make an exception for this one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Anthologies are fun because you can experience many different writing styles, and from some you'll want more even if not from others!

      Delete
  2. You just reminded me that I still need to do a challenge update post for May. Uuuuuuuuuuuuuggggggggggghhhhhhhhhhhhhhh. Blergh. Blah. This anthology sounds interesting. I am so happy to see you blogging more! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm happy I finally have the motivation to blog more!

      Delete
  3. Ohh, seems pretty exciting :D I'm glad you liked this book so much sweetie. <3 Yay for blogging more :D You are awesome. Thank you for sharing about this one Pili :) Not for me, but you have made me curious.

    ReplyDelete

¡Muchas gracias por vuestros comentarios, leerlos me alegra el día!/ Thanks a lot for all your comments, reading them brightens my day!!